MARCH 16 2020
The Oklahoma Aquarium is closed to the public effective March 16, 2020, as a precautionary measure for our guests and staff. The aquarium will remain closed until further notice. Thank you for your support.
Tickets are valid for a full year from their purchase date, so if you’ve purchased tickets, you can use them once we reopen. If you would prefer a refund, please reach out to email@example.com.
March 12, 2020
The Oklahoma Aquarium is closely monitoring COVID-19, commonly referred to as novel coronavirus. The situation continues to change rapidly, and our top priority remains the health, safety, and well-being of our guests and staff. As a result, we will cancel the ZZZs in the Seas sleepover on Friday, March 13. However, your spot will be reserved for our next ZZZs in the Seas sleepover on Friday, June 26. If they would like to cancel a reservation, please contact events at firstname.lastname@example.org or 918-528-1532.
The Oklahoma Aquarium remains open to the public from 10 a.m.-6 p.m., every day, and 10 a.m.-8 p.m. on Tuesdays. We will continue to adjust our operations according to the recommendations of health authorities as the situation develops.
How the Oklahoma Aquariums is responding to COVID-19, Commonly Referred to as Novel coronavirus
We are committed to the health and wellbeing of our guests and staff at the Oklahoma Aquarium. We are carefully monitoring the situation and are in regular contact with the City of Jenks and other public parks and museums about how we’re implementing preventive measures. We have the following health and safety protocols in place, including:
- We use alcohol-based cleaning products throughout our facility.
- We purchased and have an inventory of refill supplies.
- We placed handwashing signs in every restroom stall.
- We have foot openers on all bathroom doors.
- All of our filtration is UV and ozone sterilized for our touch tank exhibits.
- We added more hand sanitizer dispensers.
- We currently do not have air dryers in the bathrooms; we replaced with paper towel machines.
- We sanitize our artifacts and feed sticks after every use.
- We provide easy access to handwashing facilities and hand sanitizers.
- We quickly respond to spills and trash.
- We frequently clean and “wash down” our outdoor areas, including walkways and playground.
- Staff members are required to wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; stay home when sick; and avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
We will continue to adjust our operations according to the recommendations of health authorities as the situation develops. Please reach out to email@example.com or 918-261-6285 for further information.