ZZZs in the Seas
August 2, 2019
Ever dream of sleeping with sharks? ZZZs in the Seas is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity where guests can sleep among sharks, stingrays, seahorses, and all the other creatures snoozing in our oceans. The fun-filled night begins with check in at 7 p.m. and includes:
- A light snack
- Self-guided scavenger hunt
- Flashlight tour
- A movie
- Sweet, sea-themed dreams
If sharks aren’t your idea of a relaxing sleep, then feel free to slumber next to any of our other exhibits. Then wake up and join us for breakfast before the adventure ends at 8 a.m.
What to Bring
- Sleeping bag and pillow (air mattresses are welcome, but no larger than a queen size)
- Extra blankets; it may be chilly inside
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, and other toiletries
- Changes of clothes and pajamas (if desired)
- You may want to bring spending money for green screen photos, the photo booth, commemorative coins, vending machines, and gift shop.
$45: Shark Tunnel
$45: Polynesian Reef
$45: Sea Turtle Island Entrance
$45: Shark View Room
$45: Open Exhibits
Group rates are available for groups of 15 or more. Members must sign in to their member account to receive a discounted rate during checkout.
The Fine Print
- Reservations: The shark tunnel is limited to 30 tickets; the shark view room is limited to 20 tickets; the new Polynesian Reef is limited to 20 tickets; and Sea Turtle Island is limited to 10 tickets, so reserve your spot early!
- The Ozark Stream is not available to sleep in but is open to explore until lights out.
- We do not recommend you sleep in the Marvels and Mysteries gallery—the electric eel has noise and light sensors that flash and thump through the night.
- Information must be filled out for every person, including chaperones.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver.
- No unchaperoned minors are allowed.
- Dinner is not served—please eat before arrival.
- A minimum of one adult is required for every five minors.
- The minimum age to attend is five years old.
- Tickets are non-transferable to other sleepover dates.
- Guests can receive a full refund until 48 hours prior to the event. Any cancellations after the 48-hour period will result in the purchase becoming a donation; a tax acknowledgment letter will be provided upon request.
Private Sleepovers Available
If a public sleepover isn’t your idea of fun, then book a private sleepover with us and have the entire facility to yourself and friends! If you have any questions or would like to reserve a private sleepover, please call 918-528-1503 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7 p.m. Welcome
- Check in through the main entrance
- Select a spot and place your bedding
- Do not unpack or unroll your bedding yet
- Everyone in the shark tunnel must stay to one side
- All exit doors and main corridors must remain clear
- The Ozark Stream’s floor is too damp for sleeping
- You may explore the aquarium at this time
- The gift shop will be open
7:30 p.m. Orientation
- Orientation will be held in the Great Hall
8 p.m. Activities
- Scavenger hunt
- Touch tanks
9:30 p.m. Self-Guided Flashlight Tour
- Souvenir flashlights will be provided
10 p.m. Movie
- All doors will be locked at this time-do not exit or you will not be allowed back in
- Lights out
7 a.m. Wake up and Breakfast
- Breakfast will consist of donuts, bananas, orange juice and coffee
8 a.m. Departure
- Check out