Fish Friends Scholarship Application & Education Fund
The mission of the Oklahoma Aquarium is "to educate and inspire conservation of our aquatic world through interactive discovery." One of the many ways we accomplish this mission is through the generous support of donors to our Fish Friends Education Fund. The Fish Friends education fund eliminates the financial barriers to experiential learning by awarding scholarships for field trips.
Eligibility and Application
- Any school, youth group, or nonprofit who cannot otherwise afford a field trip to the aquarium is welcome to apply for a field trip funded by a Fish Friends Scholarship.
- The scholarship will fund admission for the group as well as one educational program (if requested). Programs are only available on weekdays.
- Groups must bring a minimum of 20 students.
- Groups are required to bring enough chaperones to adhere to the following adult to child ratios:
- 5:1 for ages 3-7 (or Pre-K through 2nd grade)
- 10:1 for ages 8+ (or 3rd-12th grade)
- Scholarships will be awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Submit an Application
Fill out the application here.*
*Please allow up to two weeks to receive email confirmation from our education department.
Thank you to our lead donors:
- In Honor of Oskar Singer’s Bar Mitzvah
- Bank of Oklahoma
- The Boeing Company
- The George Kaiser Family Foundation
- Hardesty Family Foundation, Inc.
- The Hille Foundation
- The Williams Foundation
To make a donation to our Fish Friends Education Fund, please email our Director of Education and Research, Ann Money, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about applying for a Fish Friends Scholarship, please contact the education department at (918) 528-1508 or email email@example.com.